Technology is constantly changing and it sometimes feels like way too much effort to keep up with a moving target. Just remember - keeping up with technology adds value to your business, study and progression in contemporary society. Staying up-to-date helps ensure you don’t miss opportunities, become irrelevant or fall behind your competitors. Remember Kodak? They taught us all an invaluable lesson: don’t be afraid to embrace change.
Make a Digital Interactive Timeline In this session you will undertake basic research on technology and innovation in the 21st century and compare this against timelines of historical industry in Coventry. You will use a free website resource to create your own timeline, familiarizing yourself with the use and different media that can be used. Using a particular area of technology that interests you and is relevant to your life you will create a virtual timeline and then decide on what information, videos, pictures and audio pulled from various web sources you wish to include.
1. Gain an overview of how technology has changed by comparing knowledge of and resources on industrial heritage with more recent technological innovations. 2. Decide on an area of technology that you would like to research further and produce of timeline for, (this can be anything you are interested in or something that is specifically related to the history of Coventry), focussing your research on innovations in the past 10 years. 3. Analyse your research on your chosen area and pick out 5 key milestones from the past 10 years. 4. Decide on what information/visuals you want to include in your timeline (video, photographs, audio) and source this from relevant websites. 5. Research free timeline creation websites (Timeline JS for example) 6. Create your timeline – checking that there are no restrictions to using the resources you have decided on 7. Gain feedback from 3 other people, ask them what they think and if your timeline gives an accurate impression of recent technological innovations. 8. Amend the timeline if necessary
Technology is constantly changing and it sometimes feels like way too much effort to keep up with a moving target. Just remember keeping up with technology needs value to your business, study and progression in contemporary society. Staying up to date helps ensure you don't miss opportunities, become irrelevant or fall behind your competitors. Remember Kodak? They taught us all an invaluable lesson don't be afraid to embrace change!
- After having followed the training material and the example exercises, the participants should understand how technology has changed over time and also understand the speed at which technology is evolving and appreciate how this impacts on their own lives
- After having followed the training material and the example exercises, the trainees should have required a good knowledge of describing history of technology has changed and evolved.
- The participants will develop skills to logically see the emergence of technology and how it is changing.
- Participants will also develop skills in using online resources creatively
- The participant will be able to reflect on how rapidly technology has changed.